Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pin Attempt - Sweet Potato Fries

As promised, I made my first pin attempt - Sweet Potato Fries - and they were absolutely delicious! I have a feeling my pins will consist of a lot of recipes, which means I'm about to be your food test dummy. :o) Good news, this week's attempt turned out great, here it is:

Perfect Oven Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients:

2 large sweet potatoes
Olive Oil (I used the cooking spray)
Coarse Salt & Pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 450ยบ F. Peel potatoes if desired, I didn't and thought the skin was great. Next, cut the potato in half and then into 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick strips. Make sure to square off ends to prevent burning. Then, place the fries in a pile on a large baking sheet. Coat all sides of fries with olive oil flavored cooking spray, coarse salt and fresh ground pepper. Be sure to spread out the fries. Do not overlap or put to closely - as it will effect the turnout. Now, bake for 15 minutes then flip them over for another 5 - 10 minutes (I only did 5 minutes and they were perfect) and enjoy!

For the original recipe, click here. 

Now, onto my next pin attempt. Hopefully next week will be something other than a recipe. But with all of these renovations lately, that's all I can seem to squeeze in time for. Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment