Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I need, I want, I have to learn this...

It's been on my bucket list for a while now, learning how to make a quilt. As I start pinning more and more on Pinterest, I find myself desperately wanting to learn. My husband keeps telling me to ask his mother to teach me, but for some reason I am too stubborn. There's just something about it that I hate! Don't ask me why, I'm weird like that. Anyways, I'm going to try by the end of this year, 2012, to make some sort of quilt. First, I need to learn the basics, then find the right materials, then I have to go full force and just do it! Oh, and might I add, I think this means I'll need to learn how to use my sewing machine... but maybe not. :o) Anyways, as I continue to toss around the idea of actually making one, here are a few I absolutely love:

Amazing Patchwork Quilt
Simple Grey Quilt
Swedish Landscape Patchwork Quilt
My absolute favorite quilt is plain ivory with machine embroidery through it. I have found a few in local stores but just haven't made the splurge on one yet. Hopefully, I will have the talent someday so that no purchase is necessary. :o)

Do you quilt? If so... do share tips, secrets, how to and the easiest type to get started with... I need to know as much as possible! Anyways, it's hump day... can't wait for this week to be over!

Goodnight world!



No comments:

Post a Comment