Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Microwaved Caramel Popcorn | Game Day Recipe

Are you ready for Superbowl Sunday? I may be Canadian... but I have a hubby that loves football. Although his favorite team didn't make it this year... yes he's a Cowboy's fan... I know he'll still have the television reserved for the beloved game.

So, why not plan a few recipes for the big day like our fellow friends to the South do? Here's one that might just make the list... easy, delicious addictive and did I mention easy? A game day recipe you shouldn't leave out, microwaved caramel popcorn!


microwaved caramel popcorn recipe.


Microwaved Caramel Popcorn Recipe 

source: all recipes

16 cups popcorn
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda

Place your popped popcorn aside in a large bowl.

Next combine the brown sugar, margarine, light corn syrup, salt and vanilla in a microwavable glass dish. Heat for 3 minutes in the microwave. Remove, stir well and heat for another 1 1/2 minutes. Remove again and add the baking soda. (Watch it expand... my favorite part.)

Now pour syrup of the popcorn and coat well. Place popcorn in the microwave for 70 seconds. Remove, stir again and place back in microwave for 70 more seconds. Now, you can spread it across a waxed sheet of paper... or you can do what I did and stir occasionally while it cools to prevent it from sticking together. (Okay I let it stick together... and then I made a huge mess when I tried to break it and it flew everywhere in the air... these pretty pictures are not a representation of my cooking skills...)


caramel popcorn - game day recipe


That's it... Mmm... Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy, i have pinned, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I warn you... it's highly addictive :o)

      Delete