Wednesday, January 30, 2013

DIY | Dining Room Table Turned Desk

A few weeks back I shared my before and after dining room chairs. I believe I also mentioned something about the table and having a plan for it... well, here it is...


diy | dining room table turned desk


The hubby turned it into a desk in only 30 minutes - 30 minutes of freezing his butt off in the garage.... thank you hubby!! Anyways, here's what you need to do.


1. Grab a table like the one below.
{Please excuse the pic, the hubbies office isn't as nice as mine... ha!}



2. Next, he removed the legs, flipped it over and cut it to the desired size.



3. And Voila! Here you have it. Okay not quite yet.
After cutting, put the long strip back on and then measure the two end pieces.
Screw it all back together and you're done!

Now that's why it only took 30 minutes. Phew! I hope those instructions helped? Next time I'll hang around a little longer to get more pictures {my fault!}.


diy table from an old dining room table


What do you think? Isn't it cute. I quickly staged it for your viewing {isn't that what bloggers do?}, before shipping it back to my mothers to save her more space... and not to mention, it fits her quaint country styled home perfectly!


 


I linked up at:

Miss Mustard Seed
Shaken Together 

2 comments:

  1. clever idea, but is the side against the wall a rough cut?

    I have also heard of people taking the legs off of a table like in the first pic and routing a piece of wood to go on top.

    Six in one and half dozen in the other. Either way you get a desk in a short amount of time, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl,

      The side against the wall is a little rough and could be sanded smooth. But since it would be staying against a wall, it was definitely perfect and quick!

      I never thought of using the legs and creating a new top! I should keep that in mind if I go to make one for our home... barn board planks would be cute stained darker... hmm... :)

      Delete