Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year, Happy New Table!

Happy New Year! Wow, what a great vacation and lucky for me it isn't over. While most people venture back to work today, I took the rest of the week off. It's great to be at home doing nothing, but I know it's going to be even harder to go back to reality when Monday roles around. Until then, I will remain lazy and enjoy the company of friends and family.

Christmas was great as always and I was definitely spoiled by great company, good food and of course the big jolly guy - Santa. New Years was spent quietly enjoying Lobster, Scallops and Periwinkles, watching movies and enjoying each others company (the hubby and I). We aren't big on the party scene and it was a great way to end a fantastic year for both of us. And, we did manage to stay up past 12:00 which is always a bonus. :o)

Anyways, what I'm really here for today - the new dining room table... it is DONE! Of course, it is chair-less, but there it sits waiting to be enjoyed and man am I in love. Before I took a vacay from all of reality including the blog, I posted a sneak peak at the new dining room table. And just a few days later, while we both stumbled through a nasty flu, the hubby finished it. Here it is:


martha.anne - diy pedestal farmhouse table

martha.anne - diy pedestal farmhouse table

martha.anne - diy pedestal farmhouse table


As promised, here is where you can find the original plans - Ana White: Triple Pedestal Farmhouse Table. The hubby altered the plans to make it smaller with only two pedestals and he did a fantastic job. Ringing in at around $70, the table is made out of spruce and pine and was finished in Early American stain. I'm in love.

Anyways, although the vacation was great and much deserved, it certainly is great to be back and slowly facing reality again. I will enjoy another few days before going back to work though. And in that time, I will be sharing the before and after on the master bedroom!



5 comments:

  1. I saw this table on another website but am not wanting to make mine 9 feet. I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing your dimensions for yours since it was smaller. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jordan and Brena, thanks for stopping by! I apologize for the delay but I have listed the dimensions below in the third comment. I hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. I need a smaller table too, but am afraid to try to change the dimensions myself. Can you share the measurements you used? It would be perfect for my smaller dining space as well and I have fallen in love with this table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, please see the third comment for all of the details. We absolutely love this table too! :)

      Delete
  3. I've had many emails and inquiries about the dimensions of this table. So, here's what I've been sharing with everyone...

    Our dining room is 11 x 10 and there is a lot of room around it to fit in a hutch and still walk around easily. (Just for size reference.)

    The overall length of the table is 6' 4.5". It is such an odd measurement so that the strips of board (1x6) on the tabletop would look in proportion. They are 33" long (the 1x6).

    The beam across the bottom is 55.5" from outside edge to outside edge and my husband left 1/2" showing.

    The pedestals are 10.5" from the end of the table.

    Phew! I hope all of the information helps everyone out there! :)

    ReplyDelete