Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Jalapeno Artichoke Dip Recipe | Pin Attempt

All I can say is yummy! So here's why I had to pin and attempt this recipe. Ever heard of Costco? (if you haven't, it's a membership type place where you can buy in bulk - I guess that's how you'd explain it?) Anyways, they have this dip. One that when I buy it - it's gone in a weekend and you're lucky if I share it with you. Honestly... stay away from the dip it's all mine.

But, there's a problem. The last two times we've gone to Costco... the dip gods decided to punish me and there was none of this goodness. Like seriously, who punishes a pregnant woman that just wants some good food? So, I decided to try and make it - this heavenly Jalapeno Artichoke Dip that I must have.




In all honesty, everyone knows you can't really knock off a good thing when you've got it. There's always going to be something a little different. But, I can tell you - this one comes close enough... or at least good enough for me and the baby - the heartburn, not so much. I followed this Artichoke and Jalapeno Dip Recipe at Shugary Sweets and kind of changed out the cheese. So here's my version:


Jalapeno Artichoke Dip Recipe

1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained
2 jalapenos, seeded
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
6 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic salt

In a food processor, add artichokes and pulse until chopped. Next add the jalapenos and pulse until desired consistency. Finally, add the remaining ingredients and pulse until fully blended. The original recipe says serve immediately but we found it way better after it sat overnight! And... I think I'd add the artichokes last next time so that they are a little thicker. Other than that... mmm mmm good! Oh, and even better - the original recipe says it stores up to one week, if you can let it last that long. ;)




Overall, pin attempt success! Of course, you should really take a look at the five foods I must try and make them for me... because we all know it could be an eternity before I get around to it and the many, many, MANY... other things I still want to do. Or my other recipes... oh and my food and drink. board. Hungry yet? Anyways, that's a wrap - happy eating!






party. party. party.
snap creativity | lady behind the curtain | smart school house | pretty things | buns in my oven | sugar and dots | kitchen meets girl | two yellow birds decor | the crafty blog stalker | gingerly made | made in a day | white lights on wednesday | seven thirty three | the shabby creek cottage | shaken together | just us four | nap time crafters | simply sweet home | kitchen fun with my three sons | too much time | it's overflowing | flamingo toes | momnivore's dilemma | i should be mopping the floor | sew can do | sumo's sweet stuff | alderberry hill | all things fee | diy show off | skip to my lou | uncommon designs | nap-time creations | the winthrop chronicles | not just a housewife |


No comments:

Post a Comment