Friday, October 4, 2013

I Won The Liebster Award...

Nanner nanner woohoo... Joyful in Chaos awarded me with the Liebster Award!




I had no idea this even existed. And there it sat, an email in my inbox... that I had won! I hesitated at first... could this be spam? Why would I get a blogger award... then I convinced myself to click. And there it was - my name was on the list. Me?

!!WARNING: THIS IS A SUPER LONG POST!!


Here's what it is:

Liebster, (Leibste) meaning "kindest, dearest, beloved, cute, endearing" in German.

The Liebster Award is a blogger to blogger, peer award, used to highlight up and coming, smaller, lesser known blogs that are less than 6 months old and/or have less than 200 followers. Liebster is an award that you accept with an intention of paying it forward. How awesome is that?!? {and what a surprise, too!}

When you accept your Liebster, you must pay it forward and nominate other bloggers that you would like to award.


So here are the guidelines for the award:
1) You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2) Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3) Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4) Choose 11 new blogs that you love and link them in your post.
5) Leave a comment on this post with the URL to your Leibster post so I can learn more about you


Awe... isn't that so nice. Here's 11 random things about moi:

1. My sign is Cancer.
2. I was on tv for figure skating when I was 12 or so.
3. I was supposed to skip grade 6 but chickened out.
4. I am addicted to cheese.
5. I hate being pregnant.
6. I hate vans and refuse to ever own one unless its an old school VW camper van.
7. I need my sleep - at least 8 hours - you have been warned.
8. I am still trying to find that "dream" job.
9. I am not like most women, I don't dream of shoes, I dream of jeans... Silvers to be exact.
10. I don't really have a favorite color or number.
11. I love surprises and trying something new - food, places to see, etc.

For more randomness about me, visit my about me page.

Now onto the questions from Jos:

1. What is your dream home?
Gah! What isn't my dream home... I absolutely love old homes for their character and new homes for their functionality. It must have a front porch and lots of roof lines. Here's one I'd take in a heart beat:


frankbetz.

2) What is your favorite song and why?
Oh this is a hard one... I'm not really a song person -  but right now I really enjoy Some Nights (Fun), Calamity Song (The Decemberists), Somebody That I Used to Know (Gotye), Ho Hey (The Lumineers)... oh and my all time go to is New Orleans is Sinking (The Tragically Hip) and of course I can't forget our wedding song What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong). Sorry, I cheated - that was more than one. But really... I'm more of a movie gal.

3) What do you love most about being a momma?
Well, I'm only a momma to Bailey our cat. And well... the first baby is on it's way - possibly the only one - did I mention I hate pregnancy?

4) What's your favorite blog post & why?
Hmm... I'm not to sure about this one... I'm pretty proud of one I recently wrote. It had... wait for it... over 450 views, over 20 comments and over 125 downloads in less than two weeks. SCORE - that's pretty good for me! Check it out - Free Fall Printable!
 
5) What are your three favorite blogs & why?
Oh there are so many... but ultimately I choose to follow certain blogs more than others because of their style. They have ahhhmazing homes and pretty cool projects. Here are three I recommend you check out:


6) What tv shows are must-watch for you?
Well, now that there is no more Gossip Girl, 90210 or Dr. Emily Owens... I would have to say The Carrie Diaries and Hart of Dixie. And then... I discovered Pretty Little Liars and I'm hooked. All in all though, I'm a CW girl -  minus all the vampires. Oh and of course, I can't forget Love It or List It!

7) How long have you been blogging & why?
Oh about two years I think. And because I love it. It's a creative outlet - although sometimes I lack a little in that department and fail to blog. As well, I'm hoping it becomes a full-time business someday. (dreaming...)

8) "I'll ------------ if it's the last thing I do."
Go to New York City. I want to go there so bad!!! <--- bad enough it needed three exclamations.

9) Favorite decor find of all time?
Meh? Time changes this decision and I really don't have a lot of decor yet... still working on the reno phase of our home. But, I have a few "victorian" antique frames I scored from the hub's grandpa's barn. They are to die for.. I just haven't done anything with them yet. Oh, plus they were free.

10) Who's your favorite author?
Oh I wish I had an answer for this I just don't read anymore. As a kid I loved reading. As a teen I hated it.. I will blame this on teachers who made me read books I was interested in. Now, I love it but don't have time for it. Therefor, no favorite author.

11) What's your favorite "homemade" gift?
Who doesn't love homemade? I can't think of a specific thing that was given to me that I absolutely adore... but if you don't do homemade... I'm okay with Etsy gifts too. Oh and Rice Krispie Treats... who doesn't like those? Check out Mallow & Co. for some different kinds.

That is it. I did it. Now it's your turn... I am going to elect these fine ladies:

Maggie @ The Love Nerds
Linda @ Paper Seedlings
Rebecca @ Beurrista
Heather @ The Unsophisticated Kitchen
Megan @ Megan to Momma
Amy @ Up Mommy Creek
Mosby @ Simplicity is Key
Katie @ See You There
Holly @ My Own Kind of Beautiful
Jessica @ My Bag of Sunshine
Allie @ Mama G, Three and IV


Here are my questions for you:

1. If you could have a three word sentence to describe your blog what would it be? Why?
2. What are your favorite pizza toppings?
3. What is the best place you've ever traveled?
4. If you don't have one already, what would be your ideal Etsy Shop?
5. If you could share any recipe with me, what would it be?
6. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
7. What is the best surprise you've ever had given to you?
8. If you could do anything or be anything, what would it be?
9. I am at home when I am "_________".
10. My favorite color scheme right now is?
11. What is your most random memory from childhood?

Congrats everyone! I look forward to reading your answers.
Please provide links to your blog post in the comments below.

**** Just so you know, if I couldn't find the followers on your blog - I went to bloglovin'... maybe I cheated a little.. but under 200 is under 200 right?****


2 comments: