Wednesday, October 23, 2013

DIY | Halloween Oreo Pops

Just in time... the perfect little treat for your kids. I definitely don't have the patience to make enough to give out at Halloween - but I'll just blame that one on being preggers. Anyways, I created these cute little Halloween Oreo Pops... which are completely DIY, and I did them in less than 30 minutes this afternoon.




What you'll need:
Makes Six.

6 Oreos
6 Lolli-Pop sticks
1/2 Cup Orange Chocolate Chips/Wafers
1 Tube Black Icing (get the hardening kind - I didn't and it doesn't look as good)
1 Foam Block
1 Spoon (or something to help you spread the chocolate)

First, melt the orange chocolate chips or wafers in the microwave, as directed on the package. Once melted, put a little on one side of the Oreo, place a stick on it and then finish by coating that same side with more chocolate (I used a spoon to coat the chocolate). Put in the fridge for 5 minutes or until chocolate is hardened.




Next, remove the Oreo Pops from the fridge and coat the others side and edges with the remaining chocolate. You may need to remelt the chocolate first. Then place the pops in a foam block upward and return to fridge for another five minutes or until the chocolate has hardened.




Finally, remove from fridge one last time and use your black icing to decorate. If you're using the icing that you warm and let harden, return to fridge. I just used regular icing as I wasn't going to package them.




That's it! You're all done. For extra family fun, let the kids help decorate with step 3. These would also be great for a kids Halloween Party as an activity. Up next for Halloween Treats - my favourite... Popcorn Balls. I'll be making those this weekend! :)







I went partying :)

snap creativity | lady behind the curtain | smart school house | white lights on wednesday | pretty things | buns in my oven | sugar and dots | seven thirty three | kitchen meets girl | the crafty blog stalker | gingerly made | made in a day | kreative creations | shaken together | whipperberry | nap time crafters | simply sweet home | kitchen fun with my three sons | wait 'til your father gets home | the answer is chocolate | too much time on my hands | cheerios and lattes | flamingo toes | momnivores dillema | i should be mopping the floor | sew can do | sumo's sweet stuff | alderberry hill | all things fee | diy show off | skip to my lou | uncommon designs | blackberry vine | nap-time creations | lil' luna | the winthrop chronicles | not just a housewife |




No comments:

Post a Comment