Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pin Attempt - Paperclip Earrings

Once again, I find myself apologizing for the lack of posting, but I promise it wasn't my fault! :) It was Saturday morning when I decided I would finally make that pin attempt, paperclip earrings, happen. But, as I went to upload the photos and start my blog post I found we had no internet, not to mention no phone! You could imagine our panic, with our house for sale and the contact number our own... but no phone in service! For those of you that live in Canada and know our main telephone service provider, you also know that things don't get fixed quickly. It was late Sunday before we had phone again, and tonight before we had our internet - not impressed! But, that being aside, I am proud to say I finally did that pin attempt I promised, paperclip earrings, and I'm pretty sure I failed! :o/

Originally I found this idea on Pinterest, but it belongs to evie s. and belongs to her post: Art from Everyday Objects: Paperclips + String. Here is the picture of what they should look like:

Paperclips + String
Awesome aren't they? Well, here's what I did. 
First, I started out with some paperclips, earrings and yarn. 


I bent the paperclips into triangles and put them on the earring hooks. (I should have stopped here).


Don't they look great.... for now. 


Did I mention that I had a little friend batting around at the string as I worked away...


And of course, my moral support to my side, convincing me I can do it. :o)


Okay, so I got side tracked. After many, many times wrapping the paperclips with yarn I gave up. I liked the way they look, but I couldn't figure out how to knot them.... As you can tell the one on the right is a little better than the left, that's because I started to give up.


HAHA... there you have it. I was really disappointed by the fail, but now I just laugh. I know I probably wouldn't have wore them, but still... If you can figure out how to finish the string, without losing the look or it coming undone, let me know!!! Leave your comments below. Now, you must stop laughing, my next pin attempt will hopefully be a success!!

Nice to be back, hope you're having a great week out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment