Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pin Attempt - Donut Muffins

I was going to have something different this week other than food for my pin attempt, but it has just been way too hectic and my husband had a sweet tooth. :o) So, I decided to try another recipe and plan to use the supplies I picked up tonight to complete next weeks pin attempt soon!! In the meantime, I just pulled these donut muffins out of the oven, which were originally posted on All Recipes. The results... I didn't try them (I know, but I'm not a big sweets person), but the husband said they were good. Anyways, try them for yourself and let me know what you think in the comments below.


Donut Muffins

Muffin Ingredients:

1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup margarine, melted
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour

Sugar Topping Ingredients:

1/4 cup margarine, melted
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 375ºF and grease a 12 small muffin tin (note: the original recipe suggests 24 mini muffins). Combine sugar, margarine and ground nutmeg together. Add milk and mix. Next, add the baking powder and flour until well mixed. Pour mixture into a muffin tin and fill it half way. Put in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.

While baking, combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Remove muffins from the oven and dip into remaining melted butter and roll in sugar mix. Let cool and serve.

Enjoy! Another successful pin attempt!




No comments:

Post a Comment