Thursday, February 23, 2012

Before and After - The Laundry Room

Wow! What a busy couple of days. Our Cape Cod now has the for sale sign in the front lawn and not even twenty four hours later we've had our first call. While many people are asking why we'd sell our home after all of the beautiful renovations... we just can't wait to move on to the next project. :) Now, for all of you who have seen these pictures on Facebook, I apologize. But, in the next couple of weeks I'm going to do some before and afters of our whole home for everyone to see! :)

First up, our laundry room. That shelf you see was tucked into our now pantry across the hall. But if you look closely, the bead board behind it hides our well pump and hot water tank.


Here's a closer look. As you can see it takes up a lot of space. To the left of it is where our dryer went when we moved in. And the open shelves have held paint cans and other stuff since we got here.


On the other side of the room was a hideous shower curtain hiding the main water/sewage pipes for the home. (We are on a cement slab, so our basement is all combined into the room, apart from the electrical panel that is in the garage.) And below the rack is where our washer sat. Take note of the great linoleum floors! They were in such rough shape I couldn't wait to get rid of them.


And VOILA! Here is the after. We (as in my husband - haha) reran the water and stacked the washer and dryer, I never realized how nice this is on the back when folding laundry, not to mention the space we gained.  :o)

  

The pipes that were hidden by a shower curtain now hide behind this post that is open on the back side for access if needed. A cabinet sits below that is great for storing all of the laundry detergent and other needs. And the best part - our new laundry sink! It's farm sink deep and looks completely modern, oh how I've missed having this sink with all of the painting! Love it.


 Across the way sits our new closet!! All of the shelves were left in and it now tucks away our hot water tank and well pump. It also hide lots of paint cans, the mop, broom and more! And if you look closely, you can see our new floor... click laminate tiles! They turned out great...


I know I've talked a lot about our renovations lately and selling the house - believe me, there is a lot more where this came from. I hope to show it all to you over the next week or two. I know I never got to my pin attempt and the materials are still waiting for me. I promise, next week. Tomorrow is Favorites Friday, I'll do my best to post again. If not, have a great weekend out there... hopefully next week brings relaxation and lots of house tours! :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment