Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We're House Shopping!

All I want for Christmas this year is a brand new house. Yes, that's all! :o) Okay, so the deal my husband and I made this year is that we wouldn't do Christmas and instead we'll finish renovating our house. Goal in mind - sell and build brand new in the Spring! We have a tight schedule ahead of us, so we're house shopping now to make sure we're prepared for what's to come.

Anyways, I'm overly excited, so excited I can't even explain. I have been drawing house plans for as long as I can remember, waiting for this day. Of course, I have to keep things realistic and within budget. After all, we didn't win the lottery.  I'm just so fascinated with houses that I don't know how I'm ever going to decide, I mean how "we" are ever going to decide. Yes, sometimes I forget there are two of us making these decisions because I get so excited. Okay, so I think you get it, I go absolutely gaga for houses (laughing). Here are a few we've been looking at:




There are so many to choose from, plus there are so many house plans I've adjusted and designed, trying to find that perfect old home charm with new age look. I love scattered rooms and a grand room, but I dislike everything in one big square room. I am dying to have a huge kitchen island with a walk in pantry and my husband only cares that the garage can hold his workshop and the basement his man cave. It's so much fun looking for that perfect home, but so stressful when you can't see it in real life and you want that perfect home to meet the budget! Right now, this is our focus. Maybe you have some advice for us as we continue down this road? I'll keep you posted on how it turns out, maybe we'll just give in and buy... but I sure hope not.

We're halfway through another work week, have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment