Thursday, November 24, 2011

Apples in Bloom Recipe.

 

Alright, as my treat to everyone out there and as a Happy Thanksgiving to my neighbors to the south, I'm going to share my favorite apple recipe with you. When I was in grade 7, we used to travel to the high school one day a week to participate in a home studies class. While there, I picked up my absolutely favorite apple recipe and have been making it ever since. Here it is:

Apples in Bloom

4 to 6 apples - I just peel whatever I have, you can never have too many apples!
1 tsp butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar 

Dry Ingredients:

1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1ml salt
3/4 cup white sugar

Wet Ingredients:

1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Wash apples, cut into quarters, core and slice. Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl. Mix wet ingredients together in a separate bowl, then add to dry ingredients. Put batter in 9x9 pan and place sliced apples on top of batter. Dot with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Bake for 25 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment