Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Mmm... Five Minute Fudge

About a month back, I was making a recipe that called for evaporated milk, only I didn't use the whole can. As I looked around on Google for evaporated milk recipes, I found this amazing Five Minute Fudge. Well, let me tell you - I hate fudge! It's sweet and the sugar grits between your teeth, and I'm not one for sweets, but I knew my mom would love it. So, I dug in and began making it, and now, a month later I find myself making it again! It was delicious... not too sweet and I didn't need to fight sugar grains between my teeth. I'm in love.


Originally found on the Carnation website, here is the easy five minute fudge recipe I'll be using again and again.

Five Minute Fudge

Ingredients:

1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnut (optional)

Line a 9x9 baking pan with waxed paper and set aside. Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring constantly. Continue to boil for 4 or 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips, vanilla and nuts until well blended. Pour into prepared pan and chill until set. Cut into squares and store in refrigerator.

Okay, now go make some chocolate-y fudge goodness for your family & friends! I've already bundled mine and dropped it off at the in-laws. Everyone I know loves it. Just don't tell them I've revealed my secret recipe... I might need it for future bribing rights! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment