Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mmm... No Yeast Cinnamon Buns.


What a perfect day for some no yeast cinnamon buns! It's rainy, cold and of course, it's Sunday. I called my mom first thing this morning and invited her over... tempting her with some fresh cinnamon buns out of the oven. It was nice to have a visit! I showed her my latest star ornament creations and took her on a tour of Pinterest. Then I showed her the house plans I had designed recently as a possibility of something we could be building. Now, I'm off to create more starts and perhaps some other creations. In the meantime, it's Sunday - curl up, watch a movie and try a new recipe, here's the no yeast cinnamon buns I created.

No Yeast Cinnamon Buns

Dough Ingredients:

2 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp butter (I use Becel Buttery margarine)
3/4 cup milk

Filling Ingredients:

4 tbsp butter
1 cup brown sugar
3 tsp cinnamon

Set the oven to 400ºF. Mix all of the dough ingredients in a bowl, work together and then roll out into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle. Mix the ingredients for the filling in a separate bowl; then spoon half of it into a 9x9 pan. Take the other half and spread it across the rolled out dough. Now, roll up the dough and cut into 10 small cinnamon buns. Bake for 25 minutes. The original recipe states 18 cinnamon buns and offers an icing recipe as well, be sure to check out Quick Cinnamon Rolls - No Yeast.

Enjoy the last moments before another work week!

No comments:

Post a Comment