Monday, October 29, 2012

Popcorn Ball Recipe with Marshmallows

Mmm Mmm Good! My absolutely favorite part of Halloween is popcorn balls made with marshmallow. As a kid, there was a lady around the corner who we could always count on getting one from every year. A couple of years ago, I was taking my niece around Trick or Treating and we stopped at her house. A handful of candy was given out until she realized it was me. She quickly disappeared into the kitchen and came back with two popcorn balls - one for me! I was thrilled, I didn't expect any candy let alone a popcorn ball. It was like heaven and a little piece of childhood restored in me.




The next year, I didn't want to miss that great taste I always had… so I decided to make my own. And, without a doubt, they are still the greatest treat ever. So, I warn you now, they are very messy to make but well worth the taste. Here's the easy popcorn ball recipe made with marshmallow I dug out again this year and used:


Marshmallow Popcorn Ball Recipe

1/2 cup of un-popped popcorn kernels
6 tbsp butter (I used buttery becel)
5 cups of marshmallows (tiny ones are easier to work with)



Pop your popcorn! You may use a paper bag in the microwave, some oil in a pan on the stove or, what I did, a popcorn maker. When finished, put popped popcorn in a 9x13 pan. Be sure to avoid putting any un-popped kernels in with it. Next, melt the butter in a sauce pot on low heat. Once melted, add marshmallows and continue to stir until they are melted. Remove from heat and pour mixture over popcorn. Now, comes the messy part. Mix the marshmallow mixture and popcorn until coated well. Then, cover your hands in butter and form popcorn balls. The recipe I used says it will make 8, but depending on the popcorn that turns out, some batches only made 6.

Now enjoy! And, keep it quiet that you made them or else you'll have unexpected guests knocking at your door for some! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment