Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pin Attempt - Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

I hope you had a great weekend out there. While I meant to blog last night with this pin attempt, we had house business and a visit at the in-laws, that had us home late. So, better late then never, last night I decided to tackle Pepperoni Pizza Puffs from Lick the Bowl Good. While she adapted her recipe from elsewhere, I also decided to make a slightly different version of my own, skipping out on the bite sized pizza snacks and making pizza puffs that were more muffin sized and very filling for dinner.


Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp roasted garlic & peppers spice (I get this at costco)
pinch of salt
3/4 cup 1% milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup cubed pepperoni
garlic salt to taste
1/2 cup pizza sauce

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, roasted garlic & pepper spice and salt; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni. Divide amongst muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes. Take out 5 minutes before done and sprinkle with garlic salt. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.


Okay, so this pin attempt was a definite pass! They were so quick, filling and really good! I did make them a little salty so maybe hold back on the garlic salt, although I didn't really mind. As well, definitely substitute spices, as I did from the recipe I used, and add any of your other favorite pizza toppings. I'm anxious to try chicken next time! Have a great rest of the week...



No comments:

Post a Comment