Tuesday, May 15, 2012

BBQ'd Portobello Mushroom Pizza Recipe

I came home last night to Ry making supper - vegetables everywhere and a couple of nice steaks ready to BBQ. The first thing I said was take a picture - I need a blog post and this will work. Of course he hesitated, it's my little secret and you aren't taking credit… So, I told him he'd get full credit and while eating dinner we gave it a name - BBQ'd Portobello Mushroom Pizzas. Of course I didn't get around to posting it last night because we had a fair meeting. So here it is.


BBQ'd Portobello Mushroom Pizza
 
2 Medium Tomatoes
1/2 Orange Sweet Bell Pepper
1/2 Yellow Sweet Bell Pepper
3 Large Portobello Mushrooms
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/4 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Place BBQ on medium heat. Clean all vegetables and dice tomato and peppers, place in a bowl. Add slivered garlic and lightly coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with spices. Place portobello mushrooms on a plate, downside facing up. Spoon mixture onto mushrooms to form a pile. Cover with parmesan cheese. Place on BBQ rack until mushrooms are cooked - they will go thin. Carefully remove from grill and enjoy! :D

That's it, a nice healthy addition to your dinner! Of course you can try adding a sauce first for more of a pizza taste. Other than than, life is still in full gear. We've had five house showings since listing with a realtor last week and there are already some booked for this week. The long weekend is coming up, but of course Ry has to work part of it. The joys of being on a golf course! On the upside, nice weather has finally settled in the area, although it makes working in an office all day rather depressing. Oh well, tomorrow I am off for the day to take my mother to a doctor's appointment, so I will surely enjoy a drink and lunch on a patio somewhere! :D Okay, go and try the recipe and let me know in the comments below what kind of variations you tried.



1 comment: