Friday, March 1, 2013

Chocolate Chip Granola Bar Recipe | Pin Attempt

Wow! It's been forever since I've done a pin attempt. As an attempt to eat healthier and cleaner, I decided to make my own granola bars. I mean seriously... how could I give up the treats? So... Pinterest I went.




And not too far down on the clean eating. board I found them. I knew I had wanted to make these before. Don't they look delicious?




Chocolate Chip Granola Bar Recipe


4 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 cups plain granola
1 cup rice cereal
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips 

Option: use 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter chips instead.

Line a 11x7 baking pan with wax paper and grease. In a saucepan, combine butter, honey and brown sugar over medium heat. Stir until butter is melted. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until the sugar is dissolved (about 2 min). Add the granola and rice cereal and fold until evenly coated. Spread mixture into pan and press firmly. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and gently press them with a spatula. Let it sit until cooled and lift out of pan and cut into bars.





Mmm! Deliciousness. 

Okay. Confession... those bars you see above... ya they didn't stick together like that. While these granola bars, or should I say piles, are absolutely delicious... they fell apart. So, they sat in a container and were eaten by the handful. Still made my tummy happy though. So possibly a pin attempt success?


Rambling

Okay, so a little more rambling. Geesh... I can't get it out of my system this week. 

First. I'm hoping to head to Ikea this weekend to pick up some great stuff for the house... I have a list of things I want to make and share and I must get to it! As well, I need some picture frames so I can take pictures of my next item that is hitting the Etsy Shoppe! {Super Excited}

Second. Wish me luck. I applied to be an affiliate of an amazing clothing company I recently fell in love with, right now I've been pre-approved and I'm in the "interview" stage... I'm so nervous. I have plans for the blog and this company and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 

Lastly. (That's a word right?) I bought the domain www.themarthaanne.com! I don't know if you noticed, but I'm super excited. One more step in the right direction! :)
That's it. Rambling. Over.
Have a great weekend out there!




I shared this at Sew Can Do - Pinterest Challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment