Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pin Attempt - Pumpkin Cake Recipe


I must confess, I have made this Pumpkin Cake Recipe once before, but I made it with my very own homemade pumpkin and now I'm attempting it again with a can of pumpkin. The first time I made it my husband and his dad absolutely loved it. I had put a cream cheese frosting on it and they said to try it without next time, so I did:

Pumpkin Cake Recipe
(Courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen - Pumpkin Bars) 

6 eggs
1 1/2 cup oil
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 large can (29 oz) pumpkin (or fresh!)
3 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp salt
Cream cheese frosting (optional)

Note: I made half the recipe and it filled a 13x9 glass baking dish!


 Mix together eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin.


Mix together remaining dry ingredients.


Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix well.



Pour into jelly roll pan (13 x 18 pan).  


Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 


Do not over bake.  It seems the longer you leave this cake sitting, the more moist it becomes. Of course, I cut a piece and gave it to my husband right away. Although he said last time to leave the icing off, he was looking for icing this time! Well, I did not have any cream cheese in the fridge, so I went searching for something light and whipped on Google.


Here's another great icing recipe you should try, The Best Whipped Frosting, it is just as great as the cream cheese one. Mmm... now go enjoy your cake, it's absolutely delicious and of course, another successful pin attempt!




No comments:

Post a Comment