Monday, April 9, 2012

I'm Dying for a Dream Home

If you follow me on Pinterest, you will notice quickly that most of my pins are in the Dream Home or For the Home boards. I am addicted to houses and can only hope to one day own something so amazing inside. Right now, we continue to push buyers through our home and hope for an offer! On the other hand, we have found the perfect country home, located on 1.6 acres, brick and a large outer shed (currently used for bands to put on shows) that my hubby wants for a wood shop and antique restoration area! Oh I'm in heaven. Inside the home boasts three sets of stairs! There are old original wood floors, at least 10 foot ceilings, original huge trim and more. Did I mention there is a clawfoot tub in the upstairs bathroom and built in cabinetry in the dining room? The character is endless and it is essentially the perfect property for us. And, even better, it comes in well under our next house budget! That means a dream kitchen will be going in shortly after purchase... Ahh... to dream. The bummer, we have to sell our house before they will accept an offer! So, now we play the waiting game and I continue to dream. So, here are a few of my latest pins that will work perfectly in this home we hope to soon call our own.

Bright, Bold & Beautiful

The brick wall in the house is red, but I absolutely love what they have done here with the brick. The way they have framed it, it looks like a piece of art. The house has the exact same character. I love the dining room table as well, and wouldn't mind having one!

Palm Design Group

The colors in this bathroom would be perfect for the upstairs bath. The floors could be updated up there so these would definitely work. It is a large bathroom so the lighter colors will make it seem huge! I would love to put in a large vanity in this color. The best part about this house is nothing has to be done right away, so we can take our time and find the perfect things to transform it into the house we've always wanted.

Jenny Steffens

Oh tray ceilings.... I'm in love. And guess what? No it doesn't have tray ceiling, but it does have beams running run way across the kitchen ceiling! Yay! That means we can either turn it into the ceilings in this picture, or into the ones in the first picture above. Either way, it would look fantastic. Oh and not to mention, this kitchen would look just fine. ;o)

Pinterest

If there's something I love about an old home, it's the mudroom. It seems that country homes know how to do it right and I would love to put some amazing storage like this in the house. Of course, that would be the main entrance we would use, so function is a must. I love how the shoes store behind the doors, it's functional and holds amazing character at the same time.

Pottery Barn
Furniture. I have a list already rolling out for the hubby and this would be a must. I originally wanted a dining room table that would be round like this one, but I think I'd love it for the coffee table instead. Along with a coffee table, a bed frame, dresser, dining room table and even the kitchen dining table are on the list of to do's for this woman's hubby! He is so excited to possible have this huge woodshop and I'm ready to give him a huge list of projects to enjoy it!

While I keep dreaming of the possibilities, keep your fingers crossed that it can one day be ours! The character is absolutely amazing, but I'm actually looking forward to concentrating on the blog, making the Etsy Shoppe products, finally having a garden again and picking up our antiquing love we once had! So, fingers crossed it will soon be ours. In the meantime, have a great week out there and be sure to follow me on Pinterest!



No comments:

Post a Comment