Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mmm... Cheesy Vegetable Chowder

Before I get this recipe started, I apologize for being so behind on my posts. It's been a busy week, with two more coming before the holidays. Parties, parties and more parties have been keeping me out late at night and from posting for you. 'Tis the season to be jolly! Anyways, a busy Sunday running around, I managed to squeeze in this soup I found on Pinterest. Let's just say I'll be eating it all week for lunch and it's delicious!


Whatever you do, wait for the last minute to add the cheese - like the recipe says. I am not patient and I burnt the cheese to the bottom of my pan... now it's soaking away in the kitchen sink, hopefully forgiving me for overcooking in it!!

Cheesy Vegetable Chowder

Ingredients:

2 tbsp chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrot
2 stalks celery finely chopped
1 tbsp minced garlic
4 cups chicken broth
2 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tbsp flour
1/2 cup water
2/3 cup milk
2 cups chopped broccoli
2 heaping cups shredded cheddar cheese

Melt butter in a large soup pot. Add onions, carrots and celery and saute until tender. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and potatoes, bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender. Mix flour with water and add to soup, simmer until soup starts to thicken. Add milk and broccoli and cook until the broccoli until it is tender. Stir in cheese until melted and serve.

Here's to another weekend over and spent with family! Have a great week out there - I'll try and be more tentative on here! :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment