Thursday, September 19, 2013

It's Finally Happening!

Before you say anything... I know what you're thinking. They haven't even finished the nursery and here they are building a fireplace mantel... (oh please don't remind me). Truth is, the mantel is a must before any baby showers or baby visits or Christmas (sorry I had to say the word) takes place. HA - my priorities are a little bonkers these day. But the hubby is on it so I'm not going to say no!


This beautiful mantel is from - sweet something designs.


Do you remember last year when I wrote about the future mantel? Yah, I think we had intentions of building it in the New Year... technically it's still the new year... right? Well, it's finally happening. Last night I taped out the outline to get an idea of size... (Please forgive the picture, I took it with my phone at night so I could get this post written ASAP!)




Anyways, I have to ask... is it too big? Here are a few photoshop attempts to get an idea... again, horrible pictures but you get the idea. (The original is at the top and then I have distorted it a bit to get different sizes.)


sweet something designs.





Okay, what's you're vote? Let me know how big you think the mantel should be and hopefully we can get it started this weekend! (Did you notice I said we... I really doubt I'll be doing any part of it other then painting...) Anyways, I think #1. I had it taped out that big but I was doubting it as I stared at it last night - but now I'm confident that the room can handle it.

For better lighting on where it will be, check out the "formal" living room post I did a while back. I just realized we have two other pieces of furniture in there and I've never shared the update. I'm starting to realize how lazy of a blogger I am in the summer. :)

Okay, comment away and hopefully I'll have a beauty to show you soon!!



1 comment:

  1. I like #1 the best! I don't think it looks too big at all. It fills the space nicely.

    ReplyDelete