Monday, June 24, 2013

A Weekend Away | Real Life

Enough was enough - we packed our bags and disappeared for the weekend and it was so nice! No drama, no phone calls, no reality... just the peace and quiet of a cottage. With the hubs only having every other weekend off in the summer, it seems every chance we have at a day to ourselves someone is looking or needing us for something. It's only June and we'd already had enough - so we rented a cottage.

It was our first time renting one and we were hooked. Nothing beats waking up and sitting looking over the water. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if we find a way to buy one in our distant future. We were in love. No hustle and bustle, just relaxation.

Anyways, I snapped a few pictures from our tour to the 1000 Islands. Of course, I forgot my good camera so they are all with the iphone. But, I did discover the HDR setting halfway through so some are better than others. (These are all RAW photos.)


The view as we left on the boat.

Sailboats are beautiful - the hubs kinda wants one - not that big though!

The hubs learning how to use a fly fishing rod.

The view from our cottage.

1000 islands tour - dream home.

One more time - by the cottage - the colors are breathtaking.


I went back to work today feeling like I haven't been there in a while. It was nice. I don't often feel that refreshed after a weekend. And, sorry to everyone at my work but I really didn't miss it. I loved that time with the hubs and enjoying life. I can't wait for my year off with the baby enjoying everything and everyone around me and not spending my days in a cubicle.



No comments:

Post a Comment