Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Our Trip to Philadelphia...

Wow, what a crazy weekend. First of all, I need to apologize for the lack of blog posts for the past week or so. With a planned trip for a weekend away, I was concentrating on everything but what I enjoy most! :o) Anyways, I'm back and did we ever have an amazing weekend... well for the most part. The weather was perfect, the hotel (off of Hotwire - I always have success with that) was located in the historic part of the city, just a quick walk from the Liberty Bell, and the Dallas Cowboys won!!

The Liberty Bell (martha.anne)

So, the trip started on Friday and not off on the right foot. The hubby got a speeding ticket... oops! But, after deciding we weren't going to think about it for the rest of the weekend, everything else couldn't have been better. We started Saturday off with a quick tour of the historic district and got to see the Liberty Bell. Then we took a walk down to the shopping district and went to Tiffany's (a girl can dream right?), Lacoste and more. After heading back we got into the car and set out for Pottery Barn - they have an amazing dish set I have my eyes on. Unfortunately they didn't have all the pieces so it looks like I'll be ordering it online. After that - the Premium Outlets! Shop, shop, shop. Followed by an amazing dinner at Chima (a brazilian steakhouse) and it was delishes. Saturday was a complete success - a definite turnaround from the day before.

Tony Romo (martha.anne)

Then, came Sunday. The whole point of the trip. Back in September I had given the hubby a pair of Dallas vs. Philly tickets as a surprise for his Birthday. For those of you who don't know him, he's a die hard Dallas fan. And, after Sunday, I can say I am absolutely in love with football as well. The experience was ten times better than any hockey game. We had a blast. And, although we got warned about trekking around the city and game in Dallas gear, most people were really nice and even nicer when they discovered we were Canadian. And of course the most important part - the Cowboys Won!!

Dallas Cowboys (martha.anne)

An amazing town. Amazing people - one of the nicest places we've travelled. And, an all around amazing weekend. What more could we have asked for? Anyways, I'm back and I have a busy few weeks ahead as I near the end of a University Course and I still have two assignments and an exam to complete. But, I promise to keep on blogging and hopefully get the Etsy Shoppe online - I know I keep making that promise but the shipping costs and packaging are still scaring me. If you want to see more pictures from the trip, be sure to stop by Facebook.

Anyways, chat soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment