Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Dresser for a Vanity | I Need Your Help

Alright, so we ended up buying a dresser to use as a vanity in the bathroom renovations. The problem is I'm stuck - remove the top and build a thicker one, what colour should I paint, should I keep the handles?

Here's what it looks like:






Here's the sink we're going to be using:




And here's where I'm sitting with decisions.

Knobs
I think I'll keep the knobs - who can compete with those big wooden things - perfection! I will either paint them the same colour as the dresser or white and I'll sand them a bit to show wood through.

Dresser/Vanity Top
As for the top, I'd like to say I'll keep it, but should I sand it and stain it again? Different colour?

Dresser/Vanity
Oh and the vanity itself. I'm looking for a punch of fun... here are a couple of colours I was thinking... what do you think? (You can see the floors in the second picture and we'll be keeping the same grey walls and adding white wainscotting)


the colour on the walls in this picture. via.
the second colour. via.
misted fern or aegean teal. via.
And pretty much most of these. via.


Or, maybe one of the other many colours I have pinned over on my paint. board? Go dark or go light? How much colour is too much? And did I mention, I think I'm going to add a punch of colour in the laundry closet too?

What do you think I should do... I'm stuck!



No comments:

Post a Comment