Friday, September 28, 2012

It's "Favorites Friday" | Around the New House

The new house has been a lot of work and we're slowly starting to wrap up all of the renovations we have started. We took possession on July 11th and demolished the whole first floor living space, except for our walk-in closet and the main floor bathroom. All the rest… gone. We built in a wall, hung some new drywall, had electrical rerouted, new lights put in, the kitchen totally redone, all new floors, new doors and built a new closet in the spare bedroom. Not to forget new windows have been started and trim is what's waiting for us next. Oh and I hired my mother-in-law to paint everything (thank goodness, I hate painting!).

It's been fun and exhausting, but well worth the outcome. And, while I'm not quite ready to give you the full tour of the house - which I'm dying to reveal, I am going to give you a sneak peak with five of my favorite things so far. We still have a few things left to do in the main space before we can slow down and start other projects at our own pace. Unlike the cape cod, I want the main living area to be completely renovations free - this way we will always have a place to run and relax. There's a whole list of must-dos ahead of us, including a totally renovated basement! But, that will come in time, something we don't need to worry about this year. In the meantime, while I think about redoing all of the floors in the foyer this weekend, here's a sneak peak at a few of my favorite things for this Favorites Friday:

The Countertops

The Light Fixtures

The Glass Cabinets

The Farm Sink

The Hardware

I can't wait to finish up and start unpacking the rest of the boxes. Our house feels so "cold" without all of the furniture on the main floor and no decorations to be seen whatsoever. I am thinking this weekend will be spent redoing one of my antique dressers, laying some floors in the foyer and finally starting to move things. I anticipate that the hubby has this weekend aside to do trim… We will have to wait and see what happens and if I can talk him into letting me do more. He's venturing off to a golf tournament tomorrow and may just come home to a whole new foyer! :o) I will keep you posted and in the meantime, have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment