Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bath Renovations | Part 1

Before we left for vacay, we had destroyed the bathroom - literally. Right now I'm brushing my teeth in the kitchen sink and getting my face on in the bedroom. All that's left is the shower and toilet - thankfully!

While the hubs is off work for the next week or so, he plans on wrapping up most of the bathroom renovations. We're still trying to figure out exactly what we're going to do (here). I have a pretty good idea and only a little bit of time left. As soon as the floors are finished and the new toilet in - my time is up.

Anyways, here's the progress so far.

Before we started, it's hard to tell but the laundry is when you enter on the left with the shower next to it. On the right is the toilet, vanity and linen closet. If it weren't such a mess I'd be removing the closet and adding it above the laundry, but there is electrical and vents in the walls of it. :(




A view looking in from the hallway and of course,  the laundry area with the original paint colour from when we moved in. The holes in the wall are from changing out the water hookups. I want to remove the cupboard, put in a countertop and other shelving. When we moved in the closet doors were removed - I'm hoping to make it pretty so I can keep it that way.





The linen closet is on the opposite side of the laundry - no door again. I'm actually hoping to find something used with character for it - maybe even with glass? I really need to tidy up the space.

And then there's the vanity. I hate it! That's all I can say.





Don't get me started on the floors. They were laid so poorly they are breaking everywhere. The doorway is the main reason we are tackling this sooner than later. Once Little P starts crawling this can't be like this - he would slice his hands open for sure!




And let the demo begin. While the hubs was at work I removed the tile. When he came home he removed the subfloor they put in and the vanity. It's so nice not to have to step up to get into the bathroom. Oh and did I mention they built all of the subfloor and tile around the toilet instead of raising it? Let me tell you squatting that low sure was fun while pregnant - NOT!






The hubs hard at work and here's pretty much what it finished out like that night. We now have the vanity removed and the start of the floors put in.




That's it for now. Hopefully I'll have some more progress pics soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment