Monday, May 27, 2013

We're Having a Baby!

I promised a whole post on the new addition to the family. First of all, let me tell you it's not easy keeping it a secret until the three month mark. Of course a select few knew before hand... you don't think I could go to Vegas for 10 days and avoid drinking without suspicion? But in general... nobody else knew. Parents and a couple of friends - that's it.

Anyways - here "it" is...




We figured the due date to be December 7... not by choice. While many people insisted I can't control these things.. I now realize they are right. But... I am very happy there is a baby no matter what the date is - which after my very first ultrasound, has been bumped up to November 30! YAY!

As for the past 3.5 months... things have been really good. I can't complain because I didn't spend any of it with my head in a toilet. I did have a two week period that I was on gravol because the nausea was so intense, but that is all.

Food... food has been a problem. Most of you that know me, know that I pretty much ate a salad every day for lunch. And until last week... I didn't really even attempt it. I love pizza and Subway, oh and McDonalds was on the menu a couple of times. I even ate Subway two nights in a row. This little bean and I were very picky for the first three months. Carbs - something I don't eat a lot of became my best friend. And while I packed back the food, I was lucky enough to avoid gaining any weight in those first three months. YES! Zero pounds. Now... I've been avoiding the scales so I'm not sure I can still say the same. :o)

Anyways, that's pretty much it. Nobody really tells you that you'll wake up and it feels like your stomach is stretching and muscles are ripping. Or that when you empty your bladder your stomach will still feel like it's been bursting at the seams. So far, I am still in street clothes, although I suspect that will end very soon. But, the uncomfortableness already has me dreading the next six months. So, let's just hope it comes pretty soon! Oh... and the battle is on if we'll find out the sex... I want to know but the hubby doesn't... I just don't think I can do all that green and yellow! EW! ;o)



2 comments:

  1. make the sex a surprise, I mean of the baby! :)

    Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will just have to request no clothes as gifts! :)

      Delete