Monday, May 19, 2014

A Day Trip to Almonte, ON | The Handmade Harvest

A couple weekends back we ventured off the Almonte, ON for the first time. Well, let me just say we fell in love. Why hadn't we been there sooner?

Amongst all of the chaos in our lives right now... lowering our back deck, taking down fences, adding fences, building an outdoor kitchen and gardening... and, well lets not forget, a very busy 5 month old - who thinks he should be running around playing but has yet to learn how to crawl! Okay it's really not THAT bad... But it's making it nearly impossible for me to get on my blog.

Anyways, here I am. And here's our little trip to the most beautiful little town. We made our first stop at the Handmade Harvest craft show. A show unique enough that you must apply to get accepted. It was like a real life Etsy by far! (photos courtesy of my little iphone - I apologize for the lack of quality)






After spending our life savings, just kidding, we ventured over to the "main" street for some lunch and shopping. That's when we discovered the cute little cafes, bakery and gift shops, including the Tin Barn Market, Hello Yellow and Doree's Habit.










I don't think these pictures can even explain to you how nice of a town this was and what great shopping. Basically, I'll be going back as soon as I have an excuse too - which might not be until the fall - Handmade Harvest of course. But I will return Almonte - I promise you!



No comments:

Post a Comment