Monday, February 25, 2013

Frank's Red Hot Turkey Chili | Recipe

A coworker had been bragging about this chili recipe she's been eating... so I made her give me the recipe. Oh my it's soooo delicious. She found the recipe online somewhere, altered it and handed it to me. I then altered it some more... so, I'm taking claim that it's now my recipe (and the original is on a piece of paper, so it's definitely mine now).




Get ready to have your mouth on fire. If you like super hot, add more Frank's Red Hot. If you like medium hot... this recipe is perfect for you. If you can't take any heat... you might want to avoid at all costs. Holy it's yummy, but it sure does have some heat. Ready for the best chili recipe ever.*

*Disclaimer: This chili recipe is the best recipe ever in my opinion. Others opinions may claim it as delicious, absolutely amazing, can't live without it, best they've ever eaten. But, my claim is best chili recipe ever. Kapeesh? Kapeesh.

Here goes.




Frank's Red Hot Turkey Chili Recipe

1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 lb ground turkey
1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
3 stalks celery, finely chopped
1 large onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp ground paprika
3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce
2 (15 oz) cans tomato sauce
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes 
1 (19 oz) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (19 oz) can white kidney beans, drained
1 (10 oz) can mushrooms
1 (341 ml) can of corn

Heat olive oil and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add turkey and cook until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Stir in the carrot, celery, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook until the onion is translucent and the vegetables are beginning to soften, 3 to 4 more minutes.

Stir in hot sauce, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, mushrooms, corn, white kidney beans and red kidney beans. Bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 1 hour, or until the vegetables are tender and the flavors have blended.




Now grab some good old mozzarella cheese and greek yogurt and you're ready to go. Don't say I didn't warn you about the heat or the absolute goodness of this chili. It's delicious. Okay I know I already said that. What are you waiting for, let's eat!





Dragonfly Designs













I've been partyin':

Stone Gable | I Should Be Mopping the Floor | Sew Can Do | Sumo's Sweet Stuff | Craft-O-Maniac | Alderberry Hill | DIY Home Sweet Home | All Things Fee | DIY Show Off | Skip to my Lou | Uncommon Designs | Today's Creative Blog | The Farmhouse Porch | Nap Time Creations | The Blackberry Vine | A Diamond in the Stuff | The Winthrop Chronicles | Dragonfly Designs | Lil' Luna | Lady Behind the Curtain | Smart School House | Southern Lovely | White Lights on Wednesday | Free Pretty Things | Buns in my Oven | Sugar and Dots | Seven Thirty Three | Kitchen Meets Girl | Someday Crafts | Yesterday on Tuseday | Bloom Designs | The Yellow Birds Decor | The Crafty Blog Stalker | House of Hepworths | Momnivore's Dilemma | Gingerly Made | Stone Gable | Weekend Kitchen Creations | The Answer is Chocolate | 504 Main | My Repurposed Life | Delightful Order | Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home | The Shabby Creek Cottage | Somewhat Simple | Shaken Together | Just Us Four | Simply Sweet Home | Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons | Nap Time Crafters | Housewife How-To's | Five Days Five Ways | Whipperberry | My Simple Home Life | Too Much Time | Cheerios & Lattes | It's Overflowing | The Gingerbread Blog | Polka Dot Pretties


11 comments:

  1. looks incredible!!! I love the cheese on the top :o) thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays @ Nap-Time Creations ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! Please share this at Weekend Kitchen Creations, www.weekendkitchencreations.blogspot.com. Join us, share your delicious creation and get other scrumptious ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely pop over! Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  3. Featured today! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious. I absolutely love Frank's Red Hot and spicy chili. Will have to give this a try! If you haven't already, I'd love if you'd come join my How To Tuesday link party, too.

    http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-10/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely stop by for your party, thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  5. I'm kind of addicted to Frank's Red Hot Sauce. So good! I bet this chili is amazing!

    Thanks for linking up to What's Cookin' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband would lose his mind over this chili! He's the guy that always asks for things "extra spicy" then sweats his way through the meal. :) Thanks for sharing...I'm so glad to have found your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! And if he loves heat, you may even want to add more... This is probably mild to him :)

      Delete